New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
TAP offers residents up to $5,165 in annual need-based grants.
How to Apply
After you’ve completed your FAFSA, you'll have the option to apply for TAP. The New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC) will also send you an email reminder to apply for TAP once you’ve submitted your FAFSA.
All you need to do is create a user name and a PIN. The HESC will calculate your TAP award based on the information provided on your FAFSA.
Other State Scholarships
New York State has a number of other scholarships available to those who qualify:
New York State Achievement and Investment in Merit Scholarship for students who meet the following criteria:
- have resided in New York State (NYS) for 12 continuous months;
- are a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen;
- graduate from a NYS high school;
- enroll full time as a first time student in an eligible NYS college; and
- have achieved at least two of the following during high school:
- have graduated with a grade point average (GPA) of 3.3 or above;
- have graduated “with honors” on a New York State Regents diploma or received a score of 3 or higher on two or more Advanced Placement (or AP) examinations;
- have graduated within the top 15% of his or her high school class.
Additional scholarships include: Memorial Scholarships for Families of Deceased Police Officers and Firefighters; World Trade Center Memorial Scholarships; Regents Awards for Children of Veterans; Veterans Tuition Awards; and New York Lottery Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarships.
All require completed FAFSA and TAP applications to be considered. Contact the Financial Aid Office for more details.