Accounting (for CPA candidates)
Required Business Core (33 credits)
Note: This Business Core, or a variant, is required by all business and accounting majors in addition to specific requirements for each major
- EBAN 101 - Principles of Accounting I - 3 credits
- EBAN 102 - Principles of Accounting II - 3 credits
- EBEN 101 - Principles of Macroeconomics - 3 credits
- EBEN 102 - Principles of Microeconomics - 3 credits
- EBFN 101 - Principles of Finance - 3 credits
- EBMN 101 - Principles of Management - 3 credits
- EBMN 213 - Business Law I - 3 credits
- MATN 120 - Pre-Calculus (or exemption) - 3 credits
- MATN 262 - Business Statistics - 3 credits
- MCON 140 - Computer Concepts with Business Applications - 3 credits
- MCON 148 - Advanced Computer Business Applications - 3 credits
Required Major Courses (34 credits)
- EBAN 201 - Intermediate Accounting I - 3 credits
- EBAN 202 - Intermediate Accounting II - 3 credits
- EBAN 213 - Cost Accounting - 3 credits
- EBAN 301 - Advanced Accounting - 3 credits
- EBAN 302 - Government & Not-for-Profit Accounting - 3 credits
- EBAN 308 - Auditing - 3 credits
- EBAN 314 - Federal Income Taxation of Individuals - 3 credits
- EBAN 316 - Federal Taxation of Corporations - 3 credits
- EBAN 451 - Contemporary Issues in Accounting - 4 credits
- EBFN 220 - Corporate Finance - 3 credits
- EBMN 214 - Business Law II - 3 credits
One Elective from the Following: (3 credits)
- EBAN 209 - Financial Statement Analysis - 3 credits
- EBAN 214 - Managerial Cost Accounting - 3 credits
- EBAN 440 - International Accounting - 3 credits
- EBAN 498 - Internship in Accounting - 3 credits
- EBKN 101 - Principles of Marketing - 3 credits
- PHIN 225 - Business Ethics - 3 credits
Any course approved by Department Chair or Dean.
Total Credits in Program 70
- Students pursuing the CPA track must maintain a 3.0 GPA in accounting courses and a 2.5 GPA overall.
- Students must receive at least B- on the accounting screening examination.
- Students who do not fulfill these prerequisites are eligible to qualify for a B.S. in Business Management with concentration in Accounting.
- MATN 261 (Statistics) changed to MATN 262 (Business Statistics) as of Summer 2021
- CPA Examination licensure requires, in addition to a passing score on the exam, a total of 150 credit hours of undergraduate and /or graduate courses. These 150 hours must include at least 33 hours of Accounting courses and 36 hours of Business courses not including MAT 120.