We prepare every graduate to enter today’s workforce with the skills to succeed.
All students must complete our core requirements, which account for 33-34 of their total credits.
You may take up to 18 credits per semester (including seminary), though most students register for 12-13 credits per term. You may also earn up to 14 credits for a double summer session (or up to 7 credits for the regular summer session) to accelerate progress toward your degree.
|SPLN 101||Fundamentals of Speech||3 credits|
|HISN||Two Survey of History (220 & 221), or one Survey of History and one Jewish History (255/256)||6 credits|
|LLEN 101-102||English Composition I & II||6 credits|
|LLEN||Two Survey of Literature (219-221) or one Survey of Literature and a writing course (LLEN 201, 202, 222, 250 or POL 201)||6 credits|
|EBEN 101, 102, or POLN 101||Principles of Macroeconomics, Principles of Economics, or American Politics||3 credits|
|BION/CPCN/CPPN||One course in Natural Sciences||3-4 credits|
|MATN||One course in Mathematics||3 credits|
|MCON||One course in Computer Science||3 credits|
|Total Core Requirements||33-34 Credits|
Additionally, students in the following fields must fulfill specific New York State requirements:
Education: One course in mathematics, one course in the natural sciences (with laboratory), and two semesters of a foreign language
Special Education: Two courses in mathematics and two courses in the natural sciences (with laboratory)
Speech: One biology course (with laboratory)
Students may earn up to 48 college credits for post-high school seminary studies, pursued in Israel or in the US. You may receive credit for work completed prior to your enrollment at Touro and during, earning up to six seminary credits per semester.
In order to graduate, students must complete all of the following requirements:
- 120 credits with a minimum 2.0 overall GPA;
- All prescribed major requirements with a minimum 2.33 GPA;
- All Core Course Requirements as outlined above;
- 24 credits in Judaic Studies (seminary credits may be used to fulfill this requirement);
- A minimum residency requirement of 45 credits. At least 50% of your major requirements must be fulfilled at Touro;
- 90 credits in liberal arts and science courses for BA candidates; 60 liberal arts credits for BS candidates.