Professional Options in the Health Sciences
Touro College offers a joint bachelor of science (B.S.) and clinical doctoral degree in physical therapy (DPT) through its School of Health Sciences, located both in New York City and Bay Shore, Long Island. Lander College for Men students enjoy preferential admissions to these highly competitive programs. Prerequisite courses for admission to these programs are offered at Lander College for Men and then students continue on to the School of Health Sciences. Qualified students may also separately apply and be admitted to the School of Health Sciences directly from high school, after being accepted to Lander College for Men. Applicants must take the GREs. Upon completion of the prerequisite courses at the Lander College for Men, and all other admission requirements, students admitted to these programs may immediately continue with the professional phase of their education. For additional information about admission to the School of Health Sciences call or write Touro College, School of Health Sciences, 1700 Union Blvd., Bay Shore, NY 11706 Tel. (631) 665-1600 x6505 or learn more about the PT admission requirements online.
The Touro College School of Health Sciences offers a three-year graduate-level program curriculum leading to the dual degree, Bachelor of Science (BS) in Health Sciences and a Clinical Doctoral degree in Physical Therapy (DPT). Graduates of the DPT Program are eligible to sit for the National Licensing Examination, offered by the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy (FSBPT). Core course requirements for admission include the satisfactory completion of at least 90 college credits including:
Required Science Courses (32 credits)
- BION 101 - Principles of Biology I - 4 credits
- BION 102 - Principles of Biology II - 4 credits
- BION 222 - Anatomy & Physiology I - 4 credits
- BION 223 - Anatomy & Physiology II - 4 credits
- CPCN 101 - General Chemistry I - 4 credits
- CPCN 102 - General Chemistry II - 4 credits
- CPPN 101 - General Physics I - 4 credits
- CPPN 102 - General Physics II - 4 credits
Other Required Courses (30 credits)
- PSYN 101 - Introduction to Psychology - 3 credits
- PSYN__ - Psychology Elective - 3 credits
- LLEN 101 - English Composition I - 3 credits
- LLEN 102 - English Composition II (or Literature) - 3 credits
- MATN_ - Pre-Calculus (or above) - 3/4 credits
- MATN 261 - Statistics for Social Science - 3 credits
Other Courses (30 credits) — must include:
- Credit concentration (of which 9 must be upper division courses) - 15 credits
- Additional Elective credits - 15 credits
Total Credits 92
- Each Health Science School sets its own requirements for admission. The above list patterned after the requirements at Touro’s own Health Science School. The requirements listed above are minimums only.
- A minimum of 25 hours of inpatient service and 25 additional hours in another Physical Therapy setting is required.
- CPR and First Aid competency certification is required.
- These courses do NOT satisfy the requirements to graduate from the Lander Colleges.